See Our Science Programs
Take advantage of the best interactive science lessons available out there for all of your elementary school, or middle school science classes! Using our online science curriculum, we’ll help you simplify and streamline your lesson planning process. You’ll spend less time planning each lesson because you will feel confident knowing that each lesson has been specially created to help students better understand the topics you’re teaching. Learn science online with our carefully curated online science curriculum. You will be able to create highly engaging online science lessons and hands-on investigations that help students better comprehend each lesson.
Built Specifically for NGSS
We have created the Bring Science Alive! program from the ground up in order to support the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS). With each lesson, you will be able to view the Table of Contents to see exactly how they align with each of the three dimensions within the NGSS. NGSS helps teachers to focus their lessons and topics on areas that will help their students the best. TCI’s online and print resources are created around the NGSS to help you align your lessons and investigations in order to get the best results in your classroom.
Unit 1 Plant and Animal Parts
1. How are Plants and Animals Like Others of the Same Kind?
Constructing Explanations and Designing Solutions
Reading Further: Munchy, Crunchy Apples
Each lesson’s Essential Question has been carefully crafted to engagingly introduce Disciplinary Core Ideas.
Each lesson has a Crosscutting Concept or ‘theme’ associated with it.
Every lesson emphasizes one or more Science and Engineering Practices. These are the skills you will master in this lesson.
We’re Here to Make Your Life Easier
- You can easily reference the Anchoring Phenomenon video and Unit Storyline for each lesson, which have been laced throughout the unit.
- Our lesson plans’ classroom duration has been carefully estimated to help you plan your time, including natural stopping points already built in.
- Our digital platform integrates seamlessly with your learning management system, allowing you to stay connected with your students.
Helping You Put the Fun Back into Learning
- Bring the fun back to learning with Lesson Games that come in a variety of different formats that help to motivate students and keep them engaged with each lesson.
- With Interactive Tutorials, students get to experience the lesson hands-on, which helps them to better retain the content of the lesson and start to associate fun with the subjects you are instructing.
3-Dimensional Assessments Made Easy. Standards Covered. Everytime.
Make your 3-Dimensional assessments your own, based on your preferences and teaching needs, by customizing TCI’s 3-Dimensional assessments. Share your favorite 3-Dimensional assessments with the TCI teacher community and get feedback on how to make improvements. Viewing standards is quick and easy, only one click away.
Investigations That Come to Life
Implement online science curriculum through engaging presentations that are fast and smooth, helping students to better interact with you and the content of the lesson. Each lesson is jam packed with investigations to help them stay involved in the lesson, by getting them out of their seats, moving around, and interacting with the content.
Not Your Average Textbook
- TCI provides students with a highly interactive learning environment through the use of audio tools, rich images, in-line vocabulary, Spanish, and more embedded into the text.
- Available in both print and online, the Interactive Student Notebook keeps students challenged and engaged through writing and drawing activities.
Materials You Need, Delivered Right to Your Classroom
Your time is valuable – we’ve done the work for you! Our Science Material Kits are prepared and organized in advance so that you can seamlessly integrate them into their associated science lesson. You won’t have to worry about looking for all the “right” materials for your science activities. Just plan your lesson, order the Material Kit, and you’re good to go.
Plus Many More Features!
The student text provides reading out loud, the ability to increase the font size or enlarge any of the images to ensure success for all learners.
TCI goes beyond the generic advice and provides suggestions specific to that lesson to ensure academic success for all.
The Media Library allows you to quickly filter through the vast number of resources, including primary sources, videos, images, and more.
Tap into students' visual skills during TCI's K-5 active learning sessions using these full-color laminated picture cards.
Primary sources are systematically embedded into every lesson, at the appropriate time, in a seamless fashion.
View online student text in Spanish with the click of a button. Purchase Print Interactive Student Notebooks in Spanish.
Our Web-based application, makes it easy to access the subscription on any device.
Literacy in Science
The Next Generation Science Standards have been developed to seamlessly with the Common Core State Standards. These two integrate in order to help students develop literacy skills through learning science. With TCI’s Bring Science Alive! program, we build on this perfect synergy by emphasizing reading, writing, speaking and listening, and language skills while guiding students in developing their science knowledge. This helps students to develop fundamental skills that will help them both academically as well as in other areas of life beyond school. These are the early building blocks that lead to a successful career in science.