System Requirements and Integrations
10 mbps for schools. 1.5 mbps for home. To check if your connection is sufficient, use a speed test site such as https://fast.com/ (mobile-friendly).
Access to the following hostnames: *.teachtci.com, *s3.amazonaws.com, *texthelp.com
- Chrome 53+ (recommended)
- Safari 9+
- Firefox 45+
- Edge 13+
- IE 11+
Workstation Requirements (minimum)
- Operating System: Windows XP/7 or higher, Mac OS X v 10.9
- Processor: Dual-core 1.33GHz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768
- Peripherals: Sound card and speakers
Supported Mobile Devices
- Apple iPad or iPhone with iOS 9.3 or later
- Android Tablets and Phones with 5 or later (Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat)
- Google Chromebook
- Kindle Fire
- Microsoft Surface Tablets with Windows 8+
TCI supports a variety of technology integrations, including the protocols listed below. If you have questions about an integration not listed, contact us at email@example.com.
Any of the technologies below are available for use with district-created portals or Learning Management Systems (LMS). The specific requirements of each system may vary, but the following protocols are supported.
- Authentication Tokens – TCI provides a code snippet that can be used with TCI’s generated tokens to authenticate teachers and students.
- Learning Interoperability Tools (LTI) – TCI currently supports LTI v1.0 for single sign on.
- Manual CSV Upload – TCI provides a template to upload your teachers and students through TCI’s Subscription Manager.
- Automated CSV Upload – TCI provides an SFTP site for delivery of CSV files to be processed by TCI at a predetermined frequency.
- OneRoster API – TCI will support rostering using OneRoster data standard via API.
- Thin Common Cartridge (TCC) – Import TCI’s curriculum into a content library to search for resources and customize courses. Note: Actual content must be accessed through a TCI subscription. – Coming Winter 2018
- Questions and Test Interoperability (QTI) – Import TCI’s flexible and rigorous question bank into your assessment tool. – Coming Spring 2018