Oklahoma Middle School Science Reviewers' Hub
About the Program
Built from the ground up to support the Oklahoma science standards, TCI’s Bring Science Alive! programs transform middle science classrooms into a multi-faceted learning experiences both in class and in the distance learning environment.
Our blended learning approach inspires and engages students as they make relevant connections between content and their everyday lives with phenomena-based storylines and rich case studies. Students engage in engineering challenges and investigations to design solutions directly related to Disciplinary Core Ideas. Then they are evaluated at the end of each unit using a hands-on performance assessment.
All materials are field tested to ensure their effectiveness for all students, from emerging readers to English learners to advanced learners.
Engage Students Whenever and Wherever They Are
At TCI, we believe learning should not be confined to the classroom. Our flexible curriculum is aligned with NGSS and allows teachers to seamlessly transition from physical classrooms to blended learning environments using the various resources and tools on our digital platform. We are committed to making sure that our curriculum and products keep teachers and students ahead in the ever-changing world of education.
- With just the click of a button, you can foster learning anytime, anywhere. Quickly and easily share standard or customized lesson guides with your students.
- Whether you use Google Classroom, Canvas, or Schoology, our digital platform integrates seamlessly with your learning management system, allowing you to stay connected with your students.
- Monitor student progress at a glance and efficiently grade assignments with flexible grading features. Create tailor-made online assessments to evaluate students' mastery and skills.
Special Digital Features
TCI provides suggestions specific to the lesson at hand to ensure academic success for all.
You can conduct formative assessments to gauge mastery of concepts and skills in a way that’s fun and engaging for students.
Student Text supports learners and teachers with features like accurate reading levels, text-to-audio capabilities, clarification of main ideas, text highlighting, Spanish translations, and notes.
Help students troubleshoot their subscription from home with the click of a button.
TCI makes teaching easier for you. We offer ready-to-teach lesson presentations, print and digital student resources, and neatly organized Materials Kits. For each middle school program, we offer:
- Student Bundles: include a 6-year Bring Science Alive! Student Subscription and Reference Texts (3-4 per student depending on the grade level) to help students master standards-based content in a variety of creative and interactive ways.
- Interactive Student Notebooks: replenishable student companions where students capture key information, building a comprehensive yet personal repository of the three-dimensional learning. These are offered as print items but are available online should you choose a completely digital approach.
- Materials Kits: ready to use and organized for you to seamlessly integrate into lessons. We also offer Consumable Kits that have the materials needed to teach additional class periods.
- Teacher Subscriptions: provide thorough instructional planning and support to help teachers deliver instruction aimed at student mastery of standard-based content. These are offered gratis if you purchase a quantity of 80 of the corresponding program’s Student Bundles.
We offer ready-to-use Materials Kits that come prepared and organized so you can seamlessly integrate them into each lesson. Click on the button below to view the complete materials lists for each program.
Every TCI Bring Science Alive! lesson is strategically structured to fully engage students with anchoring phenomena, lesson-level phenomena, and three-dimensional lesson investigations. Click on the appropriate program icon to learn more. We will walk you through an entire TCI lesson from beginning to end.