Oklahoma Elementary Science Reviewers' Hub
About the Program
Built from the ground up to support the Oklahoma science standards, TCI’s Bring Science Alive! programs transform elementary science classrooms into a multi-faceted learning experiences both in class and in the distance learning environment.
Our blended learning approach inspires and engages students as they make relevant connections between content and their everyday lives with phenomena-based storylines and rich case studies. Students engage in engineering challenges and investigations to design solutions directly related to Disciplinary Core Ideas. Then they are evaluated at the end of each unit using a hands-on performance assessment.
All materials are field tested to ensure their effectiveness for all students, from emerging readers to English learners to advanced learners.
Engage Students Whenever and Wherever They Are
At TCI, we believe learning should not be confined to the classroom. Our flexible curriculum is aligned with NGSS and allows teachers to seamlessly transition from physical classrooms to blended learning environments using the various resources and tools on our digital platform. We are committed to making sure that our curriculum and products keep teachers and students ahead in the ever-changing world of education.
- Whether you use Google Classroom, Canvas, or Schoology, our digital platform integrates seamlessly with your learning management system, allowing you to stay connected with your students.
- Simplify lesson planning and cover all the NGSS standards in less time with our unique Fast Track stream.
- Monitor student progress at a glance and efficiently grade assignments with flexible grading features. Create tailor-made online assessments to evaluate students' mastery and skills.
Special Digital Features
TCI provides suggestions specific to the lesson at hand to ensure academic success for all.
You can conduct formative assessments to gauge mastery of concepts and skills in a way that’s fun and engaging for students.
Student Text supports learners and teachers with features like accurate reading levels, text-to-audio capabilities, clarification of main ideas, text highlighting, Spanish translations, and notes.
Help students troubleshoot their subscription from home with the click of a button.
TCI makes teaching easier for you. We offer ready-to-teach lesson presentations, print and digital student resources, and neatly organized Materials Kits. For each elementary grade level, we offer:
- Student Bundles: access to interactive student resoruces in both print and online. The colorful and easy-to-use Science Journals (see more below) combine standard-based content and rich activities that challenge students to ask questions, investigate phenomena, and demonstrate their learning. Student Bundles include a 6-year Bring Science Alive! Student Subscription and Consumable Science Journals (1 per student for each of 3 or 4 units for 6 years depending on the grade level).
- Materials Kits: ready to use and organized for you to seamlessly integrate into lessons. We also offer Refill Kits that have consumable materials for when you teach the lessons again.
- Teacher Subscriptions: provide thorough instructional planning and support to help teachers deliver instruction aimed at student master of standard-based content.
- Lesson Guides: companions to the teacher subscription, the printed Lesson Guide describes what, how, and when to t each through easy-to-follow instructions.
- Picture Cards: these cards help students analyze powerful images, graphs, data sets, and engaging primary sources.
Teacher Subscriptions, Lesson Games, and Picture Cards are all offered gratis if you purchase a quantity of 24 of the corresponding program’s Student Bundles.
- Students get access to everything they need in one place.
- The Unit Checkpoint helps students build an explanation of the phenomenon as the unit progresses.
- With hands-on engineering investigations, students master the lesson’s three-dimensional learning while acting as scientists to solve real-world problems.
- Our Text with Notes feature allows students to capture key information while they read, helping them build a comprehensive—and personal—repository of three-dimensional learning.
- With engaging performance assessment, students apply what they’ve learned, making it simple to evaluate their understanding across the three dimensions.
We offer ready-to-use Materials Kits that come prepared and organized so you can seamlessly integrate them into each lesson. Click on the button below to view the complete materials lists for each program.
Every TCI Bring Science Alive! lesson is strategically structured so you can cover NGSS standards in 45 minutes or less, while engaging your students in a way that’s fun and educational! Click on the appropriate program icon to learn more. We will walk you through an entire TCI lesson from beginning to end.