Think you have what it takes to make the most engaging, hands-on, and innovative lessons and software available in the K-12 social studies and science market? Apply to join our team. You’ll find bright, flexible, creative, hard-working people working in a lively, modern workspace.
Software Engineering Intern
Mountain View, CA
We deliver innovative content to more than 50,000 K-12 schools across the nation via our award-winning SaaS products. As an established EdTech provider, we make a difference in the lives of thousands of teachers and students every day through our Bring Learning Alive! and Bring Science Alive! programs.
We’re a small team with big goals. When we say team, we mean it. Everyone has a say in decisions, everyone owns the code base, and everyone collaborates to help each other grow. As a small company, everybody is empowered and has an opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects, allowing each team member to grow and learn in ways that play up their strengths.
A successful software engineering intern will embrace TCI’s values of innovation, collaboration, productivity, lifelong learning, and community.
These values will be demonstrated through:
- Thoughtful development work in Ruby on Rails
- Responsible development that results in code quality and testing coverage
- Collaboration through paired development as needed and well-documented code
- Working closely with product managers, QA, and others to ensure a strong product
- Lifelong learning that results in a continuously improving code base
This position offers:
- An opportunity to develop code that impacts thousands of students and teachers nationwide.
- An exceptional intern experience, with skills that you’ll be able to draw on throughout your career, maybe even at TCI!
Why You Should Apply:
- You want to creatively solve problems and grow daily
- You value collaboration and innovation
- You want to improve lives with your code
What You Should Know to Apply:
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails
Please note: Authorization to work in the United States is a requirement for employment. TCI does not sponsor visas of any kind.
Interested? Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put subject as “Software Engineering Intern.”