Think you have what it takes to make the most engaging, hands-on, and innovative lessons and software available in the K-12 social studies and science market? Apply to join our team. You’ll find bright, flexible, creative, hard-working people working in a lively, modern workspace.
Software Engineer Intern
TCI is offering 2 software engineer intern positions in our Silicon Valley offices this summer. Work on an agile software team focused on creating clean, re-usable code that generates dynamic features for students and teachers across the country. Our interns work directly with experienced developers to learn and contribute at a fast pace.
Who We Are:
TCI has been developing engaging curriculum for 25+ years, and we’ve never stopped innovating.
Our SaaS platform provides:
- Ready to teach classroom presentations made beautiful with HTML5 slideshows.
- Tutorials that allow students to check their understanding with engaging interfaces.
- Access for 100,000+ users on our website daily and support to 1.7 Million Teachers and Students nationwide.
Our curriculum provides a learning environment in which both teachers and students thrive. Our teams build these programs in a collaborative, Agile setting using the latest technology.
What We Do:
TCI is all about small teams building big things. Our software team develops new features, improves existing code, and scales for performance. We do this through:
- Disciplined, but flexible sprint planning
- Pair programming
- Test Driven Development
- Continuous Integration
- Regular team retrospectives and celebrations
All of this is accomplished with an Amazon Linux hosted web app running Nginx with PostgresSQL 9.3.5 (RDS), Unicorn web server utilizing Ruby on Rails.
What You Should Know to Apply:
- Basic programming experience, Ruby a plus
- Computer Science or Engineering background
- This position is based in Mountain View, CA
Why You Should Apply:
- You want an internship where you’re making a difference.
- You like to solve problems using the latest technology.
- You want a new challenge each and every day.
Interested? Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please enter the subject “Software Engineer Intern”.