Think you have what it takes to make the most engaging, hands-on, and innovative lessons and software available in the K-12 social studies and science market? Apply to join our team. You’ll find bright, flexible, creative, hard-working people working in a lively, modern workspace.
Science Superhero (a.k.a. Science Investigation Creator) – Middle School Science, Physics
Mountain View, CA
Who We Are:
TCI has been developing engaging classroom activities for 25+ years, and we’ve never stopped innovating. Our hands-on K-12 Social Studies and Science lessons are delivered via our award-winning software to more than 100,000 users a day.
Why do schools use our science curriculum?
- Bring Science Alive! is three dimensional and built from the ground up to align to NGSS.
- We increase engagement and learning by starting with real world phenomena that students will eventually explain through the knowledge they are building.
- Performance assessments that assess student’s mastery of Performance Expectations.
- Three dimensional lesson assessments that are engaging, rigorous and labeled with Webb’s Depth of Knowledge.
What We Do:
The Science Superhero works within the Product Development Group to bring new lessons to life in TCI’s online subscription as well as print materials. The Science Superhero:
- Develops three–dimensional investigations based on real world phenomena/problems.
- Creates story-based performance assessments that require students to demonstrate their knowledge and apply their skills.
- Flexes their creative muscles and develops lessons geared toward a variety of learning styles such as hands-on experiments, kinesthetic modeling, engineering design projects, etc.
- Reviews content for accuracy as needed.
Why You Should Apply:
- You love teaching difficult science concepts in a way that students will easily understand.
- You love to collaborate with a creative team.
- You have a passion for education.
What You Should Know or Experiences/Education You Should Have to Apply:
- Candidate should hold a physics degree; BA, BS, MA, or equivalent science degree
- Science teaching experience at middle school level is a plus.
- At least 1-2 years professional experience of curriculum development / instructional design or a demonstrated ability to effectively teach science concepts.
- A strong understanding of NGSS and A Framework for K-12 Science Education highly desired.
- Exceptional research, writing, and editing skills.
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, effectively prioritize and work collaboratively with the team.
Interested? Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please put subject as “Science Superhero”