Think you have what it takes to make the most engaging, hands-on, and innovative lessons and software available in the K-12 social studies and science market? Apply to join our team. You’ll find bright, flexible, creative, hard-working people working in a lively, modern workspace.
Physics Content Editor – Temporary Position
Mountain View, CA
Temporary Position Anticipated Duration: July 2017- December 2017
32 hours per week
At TCI, we have a guiding mission that has energized us for more than 20 years: to engage all students in the classroom. We create innovative and engaging activities for K-12 teachers and students distributed by our web-based software. We’re building our product development team to help take our market-leading products to the next level. This is your opportunity to help lead our charge and have a great time while you’re at it!
Background on Position
After over 20 years of focusing on social studies curriculum, TCI has ventured into science by creating the first national, complete science program. It will include standards-based text, technology, and the TCI lessons that our teachers have come to know and love. We’re looking for talented experts who love to share their excitement for science and are passionate about making it fun and interesting. This position will work on our Physics (Forces and Energy) program.
- Edits student text and ensures it meets TCI’s high level of quality and excellence and adheres to the editorial checklist for the Physics (Forces and Energy) program.
- Reviews physics content and ensures it is scientifically accurate and correct.
- Creates specs and work closely with the artist to create scientifically correct illustrations.
- Physics subject matter expert; BA, BS, or MA, or equivalent, science degree, educational related degree.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively teach complicated concepts and make them understandable for students.
- At least three years professional experience in the educational publishing industry as an author or editor.
- An understanding of NGSS highly desired.
- Exceptional research, writing, and editing skills.
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize, and work collaboratively with the team.
Interested? Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the subject as Physics Content Editor.