Think you have what it takes to make the most engaging, hands-on, and innovative lessons and software available in the K-12 social studies and science market? Apply to join our team. You’ll find bright, flexible, creative, hard-working people working in a lively, modern workspace.
Mountain View, CA
TCI delivers innovative content to more than 50,000 K-12 schools across the nation via our award-winning SaaS products. As an established EdTech company, we make a difference in the lives of thousands of teachers and students every day through our History Alive! and Bring Science Alive! programs.
We’re a small team with big goals. When we say team, we mean it. Everyone has a say in decisions, everyone owns the company’s success, and everyone collaborates to help each other grow. We have a solid record of growing our staff and are always looking for team members who show strong learning skills and growth potential.
The Instructional Designer will be responsible for ensuring that assigned lessons are based on sound pedagogy, are accessible to new teachers, and provide enough depth for experienced teachers. This will be accomplished by:
- Recommending new digital tools to enhance lessons
- Recommending and implementing changes to individual lessons or sets of lessons as assigned
- Meeting aggressive timelines for lesson development
- Requesting specific feedback on lessons to ensure that lessons are working well for real teacher
- Applying best practices to lessons in an efficient and creative manner
- Keeping lesson revisions within scope of requested changes, while bringing innovations to the product
- Clearly communicating key changes to customers and staff
Why You Should Apply:
- You are passionate about creating outstanding educational experiences for students and teachers
- You love working across departments and taking on new challenges every day
- You enjoy working in the details, but then bringing it back up to a high level
Experience that will help you and TCI succeed:
- 3-5 years of experience in editorial work with online or print publishing
- Experience building curriculum that engages students in hands-on interactions
- Classroom experience a plus
- Experience working with a SaaS product a plus
Please note: Authorization to work in the United States is a requirement for employment. TCI does not sponsor visas of any kind.
Interested? Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put subject as “Instructional Designer”.