Think you have what it takes to make the most engaging, hands-on, and innovative lessons and software available in the K-12 social studies and science market? Apply to join our team. You’ll find bright, flexible, creative, hard-working people working in a lively, modern workspace.
Assessment Writer – Middle School Science, Earth Science
This is a temporary position, anticipated duration, 24-32 hours per week, November 2017 thru February 2018.
We deliver innovative content to more than 50,000 K-12 schools across the nation via our award-winning SaaS products. As an established EdTech provider, we make a difference in the lives of thousands of teachers and students every day.
Why do schools use our science curriculum?
- Bring Science Alive! is three dimensional and built from the ground up to align to NGSS.
- We increase engagement and learning by starting with real world phenomena that students will eventually explain through knowledge they are building.
- Performance assessments that assess student’s mastery of Performance Expectations.
- Three dimensional lesson assessments that are engaging, rigorous and labeled with Webb’s Depth of Knowledge.
The Assessment Writer works within the Product Development Group and creates three dimensional assessments aligned to NGSS. Assessments are flexible and will be available in TCI’s online subscription as well as print materials. The Middle School Science Assessment Writer:
- Is a strong writer who will also be able to write assessments in addition to editing other people’s work.
- Has deep understanding of the Next Generation Science Standards and the concept of three-dimensional learning.
- Knows how to engage middle school students’ interest in thinking about science.
- Is willing to research the published results of working scientists or teachers and use their data as the basis for test items.
Why You Should Apply:
- You love creating engaging science instructional materials for middle school kids.
- You agree that well-designed assessments can be engaging learning experiences for students.
- You love to collaborate with a creative team.
What You Should Know or Experiences/Education You Should Have to Apply:
- Science Expert; BA, BS, or equivalent, science degree, education-related degree in earth science.
- At least 2-3 years of professional writing experience.
- Background in writing or editing three dimensional assessments, a plus.
- A deep understanding of NGSS and A Framework for K-12 Science Education, strongly preferred.
- Exceptional writing and research skills.
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, effectively prioritize and work collaboratively with the team.
Interested? Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put subject as “Middle School Science Assessment Writer”.