Think you have what it takes to make the most engaging, hands-on, and innovative lessons and software available in the K-12 social studies and science market? Apply to join our team. You’ll find bright, flexible, creative, hard-working people working in a lively, modern workspace.
Assessment Editor/Writer – Middle School Science – Temp. Position
Mountain View, CA
Who We Are:
TCI has been developing engaging classroom activities for 25+ years, and we’ve never stopped innovating. Our hands-on K-12 Social Studies and Science lessons are delivered via our award-winning software to more than 100,000 users a day.
Why do schools use our SaaS platform?
- So long, boring lectures; Hello, engaging lessons with stunning visuals!
- Online tutorials, notebooks, and more engage students outside of the classroom so class time can be interactive.
- Grading is a snap with automatic scoring of multiple choice questions, and a smooth interface for open-ended grading.
What We Do:
The Assessment Editor/Writer works within the Product Development Group and creates three dimensional assessments aligned to NGSS. Assessments are flexible and will be available in TCI’s online subscription as well as print materials. The Middle School Science Assessment Editor/Writer:
- Is a talented instructional materials editor that can review our middle school science assessments and ensure that they are scientifically accurate and adhere to TCI guidelines.
- Is a strong writer who will also be able to write assessments in addition to editing other people’s work.
- Has deep understanding of the Next Generation Science Standards and the concept of three-dimensional learning.
- Knows how to engage middle school students’ interest in thinking about science.
- Is willing to research the published results of working scientists or teachers and use their data as the basis for test items.
Why You Should Apply:
- You love creating engaging science instructional materials for middle school kids.
- You agree that well-designed assessments can be engaging learning experiences for students.
- You love to collaborate with a creative team.
What You Should Know or Experiences/Education You Should Have to Apply:
- Science Expert; BA, BS, or equivalent, science degree, education-related degree in life, physical, or earth/space science.
- At least 2-3 years of professional instructional materials editing and writing experience.
- Background in writing or editing three dimensional assessments, a plus.
- A deep understanding of NGSS and A Framework for K-12 Science Education, strongly preferred.
- Exceptional writing, editing and research skills.
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, effectively prioritize and work collaboratively with the team.
Interested? Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please put subject as “Middle School Science Assessment Editor / Writer”.