8th Grade Science Curriculum
Let TCI help you create a unique but effective teaching experience at your school for all of your students. Our specially designed 8th grade science curriculum and science textbook comes jam-packed with lessons, activities, and assignments that keep students engaged, help you get your lesson across in an efficient way, all while meeting state standards.
8th Grade Science Curriculum
Throughout the 8th grade science curriculum, you’ll have the opportunity to introduce students to primary forms of science: Life Science, Earth Science, and Physical Science.
From cells & genetics to adaptations to ecosystems, students will learn about a variety of different Life Sciences in this series.
- Cells & Genetics – Introduce students to reproduction, survival, controlling body systems, interacting body systems, genes, genetic mutations, levels of organization, and chromosomes.
- Adaptations – Explore Darwin’s Theory of Evolution, genetic engineering, artificial and natural selection, the history of life on Earth, human population, and more.
- Ecosystems – Students will be introduced to ecosystems, the importance of having a healthy ecosystem, biodiversity, and how to capture and store the sun’s energy.
Students will explore not only the Earth, but outer space around the Earth and the forces among and around them both.
- Space – Take your students out of this world to explore outer space to learn more about the Earth, how it rotates and revolves, the reason it’s on a tilted axis, the moon and its phases and eclipses, gravity throughout the universe, and the foundations of our solar system.
- Planet Earth – Back to the planet in this program, students will learn about the energy available on Earth, the dynamic surface of Earth, natural resources, volcanic eruptions, tectonic plates, and more.
- Weather and Climate – This program discusses the atmosphere of the Earth that we experience, energy of solar, air pressure, severe weather, climate patterns, and how the ocean affects our climate.
Through the 8th grade science curriculum in this series, your students will learn about atmospheres, energy, waves, forces and energy that make up and shape our world.
- The Atmosphere and Energy – Instruct your classroom about atoms and elements, heat, temperature, stage changes, motion of particles, substances and their properties, various chemical reactions, and much more.
- Waves – Students will learn all about the properties of waves, the wave model of light, digital and analog information, how to send information using wave pulses, the energy of waves and more.
- Forces and Energy – Talk to students about the numerous forces in the universe (electricity, magnetism & electromagnetism,, thermal, and more), their effects, how to measure energy, and more.
8th Grade Science Material Kits
Each 8th grade science textbook online and print textbook has numerous science activities available to you as a teacher to create a more unique and memorable teaching experience for your students. In our Bring Science Alive! Material Kits, you’ll get everything you need to turn 8th grade science curriculum into a fun learning experience that is not only educational but engaging!
They’re easy to order and Refill Kits are available for teachers to restock as needed. Contact us today to learn more about our Material Kits, our online subscription service to simplify your lesson planning process, and more.