6th Grade Science Curriculum
TCI offers comprehensive 6th grade science curriculum to school systems and classrooms across the country. Our 6th grade science curriculum and science textbook offers lessons and activities that emphasize a variety of science topics around Life Science, Earth Science, and Physical Science.
6th Grade Science Curriculum
As you are planning your 6th grade science curriculum, you can choose from teaching TCI’s Life Science, Earth Science, and Physical Science. The 6th grade science textbook provided by TCI meshes perfectly with the lessons and activities provided in our lesson planning resources, so you can feel confident each and every time you plan your lesson.
The Life Science curriculum is broken down into three categories:
- Cells & Genetics – Students will learn about traits for survival and reproduction, interacting body systems, levels of organization, controlling body systems, cells, genes, proteins, chromosomes, genetic mutations, and the changes of genes.
- Adaptations – 6th grade students will learn about the history of life on earth, fossils, Darwin’s Theory of Evolution, natural evolution, artificial selection, genetic engineering, and human population and global change.
- Ecosystems – Students will explore resources available in ecosystems, how we capture and store the sun’s energy, biodiversity, importance of healthy ecosystems, and more.
Take your students from earth to space as you learn about these topics in this 6th grade science program.
- Space – Teach your students about the Earth, its rotation & revolution, how it sits on a tilted axis, how the moon has phases, and eclipses of the moon, gravity within the solar system, the inner & outer solar system, and the formation of our solar system.
- Planet Earth – Bring students back to Earth to learn about its energy, its dynamic surface, its tectonic plates, the cycles of rock and water, its natural resources, the history of the Earth, volcanic eruptions, and more.
- Weather and Climate – Students will investigate the Earth’s atmosphere, solar energy, air pressure and wind, water and the weather, severe weather, climate patterns, how the ocean affects climate, the climate today, tomorrow, and over time, and more.
Bring your students along a journey as they learn about matter, waves, and forces and energy.
- The Atmosphere and Energy – This 6th grade science program will introduce students to atoms and elements, substances and their properties, motion of particles, heat, temperature, state changes, chemical reactions, and more.
- Waves – Introduce students to different types of waves, their properties, wave energy, the wave model of light, how to send information using wave pulses, and analog and digital information.
- Forces and Energy – Teach students all about forces, their effects, gravity, electricity, magnetism & electromagnetism, how to measure energy, thermal energy, and more.
6th Grade Science Material Kits
Every 6th grade science textbook online and in print also has a variety of highly engaging and fun activities to help students experience their lessons first hand. Interactive lessons help students to retain what they learn and understand it from a different dimension.
At TCI, not only do we provide a comprehensive service for teachers that want to simplify their lesson planning process, but we also have easy to order Bring Science Alive! Material Kits that make it easy to integrate hands-on activities right into your lesson. Refill Kits are available to replenish completed activities and to prepare for upcoming lessons.
Contact us today to learn more about our 6th grade science curriculum and our online subscription service that helps teachers and school systems provide more engaging educational content to their students.